If you have recently welcomed a new child into your family, your priorities are rearranged and the baby becomes your prime focus.
As the child is still an infant, its need your constant care and attention care and attention, but you will be unable to spend enough time providing for the child if you will have to go back to work.
Your choice then would be to decide to either be a stay-at-home parent while your spouse goes to work or find a caregiver for the child. Day care centers and caregivers can be very expensive and not a wise choice for you to make while your child is still so young.
This leaves with other option – working from home.
Organizations and parent-friendly rules
There are several organizations that allow to work from home. Your managers will provide you with options that will make it easier for you to take care of your child while still being a productive asset to your organization.
They have programs that will accommodate your needs and provide you with maternity/paternity leaves and flexible working hours.
Advantages of Working from Home as a New parent
Most people prefer working from home than having to go to office everyday because it allows them to spend more time with their families. Being a new parent, you should ensure you are always around to take care of your child.
Here are few advantages to working from home;
- You are constantly present to monitor and care for your child. Hiring a caregiver is an expensive option and working from home gives you the satisfaction of taking care of your baby yourself. Not having to hire a nanny or caregiver gives you freedom from unnecessary stress and worry.
- You will work in a stress-free environment. Your home is your sanctuary and you are allowed to go about your tasks in a relaxed manner without your boss watching over you.
- The company allows you flexible working hours, so you can take time off during the day to feed your child and get the baby to sleep.
- You will not miss important moments in your child’s life like his/her first step or first word and you can act as a strong influence during your baby’s formative years.
- Working from home, you will also save a lot of money by not commuting to work and also by not opting for a professional child caregiver.
Spending quality time with your infant helps strengthen your bond and also ease you into parenthood, which in itself is a full-time job.